This course is intended only for current Rensselaer County pistol permit holders. Successful completion of the course is a required step in the application process for an unrestricted pistol license.
The fee for the evaluation course is $50 payable by cash, or check or money order payable to the Troy Pistol League.
The evaluation course will be administered at the TPL facility located at 38 Grace Court in Troy. Grace Court is located near 101st Street off 7th Avenue. The course begins at 6PM on the dates indicated, and is approximately 3 hours in duration.
IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVALUATION COURSE YOU MUST BRING WITH YOU THE FOLLOWING:
- Your pistol license and one copy of the front and back of your license
- A picture ID such as a drivers license or equivalent form of certified ID
- A completed Rensselaer County Post License Firearm Safety Evaluation Application found on the Rensselaer County Clerk website
- An unloaded pistol contained in a range box or range bag
- 50 rounds of lead, target grade ammunition in the original box.+P or +P+ ammunition is not acceptable, nor is jacketed ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
Please contact the TPL at 518-235-7880, or Bill Sillery at 518-935-3257, if you have any questions. Again, thank you for choosing the Troy Pistol League.
Next Course – To Be Announced. We are working on holding a class.
***Prior To Attending The Rensselaer County Post License Pistol Safety Evaluation Course, it is REQUIRED That You Print, Read, Complete and Bring With You All Documents In The Following LINK. This includes the 3 forms and the New York State Penal Law Part I Title C Article 35.***
PLEASE CONTACT Bill Sillery AT 518-935-3257 IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
Please COMPLETE, REVIEW and SUBMIT the form below. If you have any questions, please include them in the message section, as well. You will receive an automatic email response with instructions for the Course. If you fail to receive an auto response and/or reply to your question(s) within 48 hours, please first review your SPAM folder, then call Bill Sillery at the number above.